April 27, 2012

30 Day Countdown: change of plans

I am sitting in Ben's nursery glider...but I am in our living room. It is moving day and there are random boxes and pieces of furniture all over the house. Ben is napping. Adam and Carter have just left to deliver a final load to Goodwill and to deliver the key to our house to the closing attorneys. The movers are busy carrying up box after box from the basement. And I am enjoying a quiet moment during our last afternoon in this house.

This week has flown by. I had high hopes for packing and enjoying lots of final Richmond activities...Children's Museum, Gardens, Squirrels Baseball game, several restaurants. But the past week has not allowed any of the above.
On Tuesday we received a call from our realtor and I could tell as soon as she said "hello" that she had bad news to share. The seller of our house in Chapel Hill had become unresponsive and uncooperative.

On Wednesday we learned that she did not intend on going forward with closing.

On Thursday we hired a litigating attorney and he sent a letter to the seller threatening legal action if she does not go forward with closing.

And, today, Friday, our home and all of our belongings are being boxed up and put on a truck...yet we have no idea where to tell the truck to go.

There is no update on the seller other than she is not talking to anyone. There is so much more to this story...but that is all I can share for now. The basic facts are that we have a signed contract. She is in breach of contract. We have spent lots of money to pursue this house. And now we have to find somewhere to live in Chapel Hill by next Wednesday so our movers can deliver all of our belongings.

Ben waking from nap...

Would really appreciate some prayers for this situation!

4 comments:

  1. oh, my Tracy! Will be praying!
    Stephanie Whittington

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you are in our prayers, cuz. You also know it'll all work out and this will just be another story to tell "one day".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, I'm so sorry to read all of this... what a total bummer. I am going to pray pray pray for all of this--May God show you his Divine intention in leading you to your future house. It will be perfect once you're there. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh honey, I am sooooo sorry! How stressful! Sending lots of love and good thoughts and hoping this is all resolved very soon.

    ReplyDelete