There is still a rather long list of detail items to finish up but the kitchen is functional for now which is great. Here are some shots of where we are now. (Note - these will probably be the final shots before everything else is done. The lighting, backsplash, paint, final trim, etc. should really make everything come together so I will post final pictures once the rest is done.)
Here I am unloading one of the many boxes last night.
It took almost 15 boxes to pack up the entire kitchen. And it of course seemed to take longer to unpack than to pack but it was still fun.
The hardware is in...
...and the ceiling and soffit crown back in place.
One of the final decisions we have to make is the backsplash. We have decided on the style and now just have to pick out the color. We are going with a 2x4 glass subway tile. Here is what the pattern will look like:
And here are the two colors we are deciding between:
a lighter khaki option...
or a darker grey option...
I was having a difficult time deciding based on the small sample, so I have ordered 1 square foot of each so I can hold them up against the backsplash and get a better feel of what the color will look like. The samples should be here next week and then hopefully we can place our order by the end of next week and get things moving again.
Any thoughts or opinions on the color options?
THe kitchen looks great! I know you are so happy to be mostly back in. I vote for the darker subway tile - love it!
ReplyDeleteDark Gray
ReplyDeleteHardware on the cabinets looks great, as does everything. GOOD JOB!
ReplyDeleteThe kitchen is looking fantastic! Way to go--almost there... I would normally vote for the dark grey, but judging from our kitchen, I'm going to put in a vote for the khaki. I would have never chosen the neutral tones the previous owners chose for our kitchen, but I absolutely love them. It is a bright space and can go with any color palette. Just my two cents worth!! I'll be in touch over email soon!!
ReplyDelete