We headed out Saturday morning. We traveled 6+ car hours on Saturday and stopped in the Greenville area that night. Saturday was a long hotel night. We first tried to set Carter up in the pack n play in the bathroom of the hotel room, but he wasn't a fan. He kept calling out "up! up! up!" until we gave in. So then we tried to all go to bed early by having him in the pack n play in the room with us. This didn't work out so well either as this time he knew we were in the room and he continued with the "up! up! up!" but this time they were even more emphatic. At 11:00 we finally got him asleep, but he ended up in the bed with us from 4-7 or so. Not a night I care to repeat any time soon.
Two things I learned from our restless night. 1) Carter is a squirmy sleeper. 2) I have crazy pregnancy dreams. I sometimes remember them, but I think the squirmy sleeper contributed to my light sleeping that night and boy did I remember some insane dreams the next morning. Adam will agree completely that my dreams are much more "creative" while pregnant.
We headed out a little bleary eyed Sunday morning for Atlanta. We dropped Adam off at a Marta station so he could head to the airport to catch a bus for a tour of several planned communities in the south. He has taken more pictures than I have during his trip, so I will give you a quick recap of his travels by his cell phone camera.
The first update I received came at 5:03 via text and it said "Bus broke down in nowhere Alabama." Turns out "nowhere Alabama" was about 10 minutes north of Eufaula so the good bus ended up dropping their passengers off in Eufaula and then came to get the broken bus passengers and take them to Eufaula too.
We had recently read an article in Garden & Gun magazine about Southern Dream Towns. Eufaula was on the list. Whenever I read these types of articles I imagine what it would be like to live in this new town that has just been perfectly described in a few short paragraphs. They help me create this perfect image in my head that makes me ready to put a For Sale sign in the yard and get there as soon as possible. I must admit that growing up in Alabama, I never expected Eufaula to be on the list, but I did always enjoy driving through the quaint town on the way to the beach.
Anyhow, Adam got to explore Eufauala with 2 busloads of planners, architects and the like yesterday. It wasn't one of the planned communities on the itinerary, but I think he made the most of it. He found a house for us to fix up.

And then he enjoyed a lovely dinner compliments of the Piggly Wiggly.

Not quite Bud & Alley's at Seaside, but hey, a bottled coke is pretty fantastic.
And he did get to wake up to this view this morning.

Thankfully my trip hasn't been quite as eventful. We arrived at Gram's house yesterday afternoon and enjoyed a lovely dinner celebrating my Uncle's birthday on the 13th and my Granddaddy's 97th (that's right - NINETY-SEVEN!!!) birthday on the 10th.
Carter is enjoying Gram's house, especially the new books and toys, and the poor cat Murphy who has been chased up the stairs multiple times. I have enjoyed a good nights sleep and then had a great visit with some dear college friends this morning. Here is a shot of all the kiddos - from left to right - Carter (23 mo), Ava (13 mo), Coleman (7 mo), Allie (3). What a treat!
Great update. Thanks for taking us along for the ride. Oh, and Adam has always been a fan of a meal at the Piggy Wiggly.
ReplyDelete