I have been itching to do some sewing for quite awhile. But somehow I keep letting the lack of sleep or the laziness of not wanting to switch my embroidery machine from embroidery mode to sewing mode get in the way. Well, Carter hasn't been napping very well lately. And he has been taking a long time to go to sleep at night. In fact, as I write this, he is up in his room just singing away when he should be sleeping. It makes for a long afternoon when he doesn't get a nap, because he gets tired and cranky and
disobedient less responsive to mommy and daddy. I have tried to figure out what could be causing this change. Here are my possibilities...he is outgrowing his nap (but mommy says it is too soon, so therefore, this is not really a possibility), I am not doing as good of a job getting him out and about in the morning to get energy out because of the cold and because of Ben's nap schedule, or he misses his pillow (which got ruined during our
Christmas stomach bug).
I decided that of those possibilites, I could easily fix the pillow problem, so I went to JoAnn's this weekend, got a new toddler size pillow, and some fun fabric to make a pillowcase. I thought this transportation fabric would look good in his room. Plus, I have enough leftover to make some shorts for the boys this summer or even a romper for Ben. I had the green fabric at home and decided to add a little trim.

The pillow turned out cute, but it doesn't seem to be helping in the sleep department. Oh well. I enjoyed the project, and Carter likes his new pillow, even if it doesn't help him sleep.
I also made a small blanket toy for Ben. I picked up a kit from my favorite
local fabric store that had the fabric and ribbon pieces pre-cut so it was just a matter of putting it together and stitching it.

It was simple and quick and Ben thinks it is yummy. Maybe this will help Ben sleep better than Carter's pillowcase did, but I am not holding my breath.
Great job mom. I am sure the boys will enjoy the new pillow and "chew" blanket.
ReplyDeleteThats awesome!!! I wish my sewing skills were that good!! Ben's little blankie looks like some of the one that Vance carries around...he can't go anywhere with out one of his blankies....They look great Neighbor!
ReplyDeleteAlways the loving mama.
ReplyDeleteOoh! I love the baby blankie...what is the name of the kit? I'd love to find one or order one to make for Cameron.
ReplyDelete