A little history to our Valentine mail project...
A few months ago on a Saturday morning, I was working in my office with the door closed while Adam and the boys played right outsiide in the playroom. It was nearing Ben's naptime, so I slipped a little note under the door reminding Adam to start winding things down for naptime. Well, Carter thought that was the most fun game ever. He immediately went to his table and started making "mail" for Mama and would slide it under my door. Then
he started making mail for Dada every day when he got home from work. And so on.
His interest in mail has really persisted, so when I found some small red mailboxes in the dollar section at Target I knew we had to have them. I e-mailed all of our loving grandparents and asked them to help fill the mailboxes for the couple of weeks leading up to Valentines. I figured I would make several and that I could fill in a few days with one or two cards from the grandparents. Well, turns out I didn't make one card for the boys. And the grandparents got pretty creative too!
Check out all of the sweet cards the boys opened!

Here are the boys discovering their mailboxes for the first time...
Carter didn't want to give up either box. :)
He finally decided to let Ben open his.
I think those pictures were taken just before bedtime. Well, the next morning, the first thing Carter said when he woke up was - "let's go see if we got any mail!" So we groggily encouraged him to go bring the mailboxes upstairs and they enjoyed opening some new mail while we rested a few minutes more. Every minute counts in the morning!


And here are the boys' Valentine morning goodies...



The Dollar Store is one of my most favorite stores! Got all of their Valentine treats - including 2 helium balloons - for $7.00!
Ben loved his teddy bear balloon. After this hug he proceeded to punch the balloon to the ground as many times as possible. Gotta love the entertainment of helium!
Thanks again grandparents! You truly filled these boys' hearts (and mailboxes!) with love!
(PS - please excuse all of the blurry pictures this time around...lots of cell phone shots!)
No comments:
Post a Comment