October 31, 2009

Pumpkin Carving Time

Before I show you the highlights of our pumpkin carving, I want to take a minute to say how proud and thankful I am for my husband. The past couple of weeks he has been up past midnight multiple times working late (thankfully from home) yet he still does his best to leave the office everyday around 5:30 to come home for dinner and for some playtime with Carter. He is such a hard worker yet he puts his family first which I am so grateful for and you can tell Carter is too by the way his face lights up when his "da-da" gets home. So, thanks Adam, for working hard and for playing hard.

Now - on to the pumpkin carving. I bought one of those cheap pumpkin carving kits from the grocery store - those things are worth every penny - even if they only last a couple of years. They saw through the pumpkins with ease and make me much less nervous than our kitchen knives. (Some of you know that our kitchen knives caused me to get a few stitches a few years ago and I am still skiddish around them.)

We were excited to let Carter help dig out all of the seeds, but he wasn't too sure about it. That surprised me. He never hesitates to dig in dirt or splash in water, so I felt sure he would have pumpkin seed gooo up to his elbows if we let him.



He did enjoy taking the lids off of the pumpkins and putting them back on...



We do cheat a bit when it comes to the carving process. We usually find some designs on the internet, print them out, tape them to the pumpkin and then start carving. But, hey, I want good looking pumpkins in the end, not some scribble we come up with.



This might be the best shot we get of our finished pumpkins because the squirrels have eaten some of our eyes and teeth this week.



But it was a fun afternoon and we have 3 little jack-o-lanterns to welcome all of the little trick-or-treaters tonight.

Oh - and one more little tidbit about Adam - he is currently out running 10 miles getting ready for a half-marathon in a few weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great job with the pumpkins. I know lil Carter enjoyed that process, as he enjoys most things yall do with. Thanks for the good stories, and thoughts. Poppa loves them

    ReplyDelete