On Saturday he asked me what I wanted to do for me on Sunday before he went back to work for the week. I mentioned that I might like to go to the coffee shop by myself and finish some thank you notes, I wanted to put up some Halloween decorations, and that a nap would be nice. I got to all three things on my wish list for the day. And my nap was a two hour coma like nap where I thought it was morning when I woke. Here is a picture of Carter assisting with the Halloween decorations. You should here him say, Halloween, it sounds a bit like, Ha-Ween with the emphasis on "ween".
Yesterday afternoon Ben was in a fussy state. Looking back on the day, I think he was just tired because his naps were short. When Adam got home, he took a turn with Ben and let me enjoy some time with Carter. He walked Ben outside for an hour or so while I enjoyed bath time and story time with Carter.
He does more than his fair share during the night time. I take care of the feeding and Adam takes care of the swaddling and putting Ben back to sleep. He is a much better swaddler than I am. But I am working on it!
One day last week he took the boys for a walk so I could get some stuff done around the house. When they got home, Carter walked in with flowers for me from our local flower shop. Melted my heart.
Even though Ben is feeding great, I have been in some pain during the feedings this time around. Adam has been a wonderful encourager. But he also is a great listener when I need to vent. And he is right there with me when I am in pain trying to help however he can.
Last Friday night we had planned to see a movie in our neighborhood that a local shop projects on a big white brick wall. Well, I was pooped. I seriously didn't think I had it in me to walk the 2 blocks to the movie spot and sit and enjoy the show. Instead of cancelling our plans, Adam put Ben in the Bjorn, and took both boys to the movie. I crashed on the couch within minutes of them leaving.

More than anything he is just there for me when I need him.
So, thanks Adam, for all that you do, as my husband and as the boys' daddy.
And your father-in-law really appreciates you taking such good care of my daughter and your two adorable, wonderful, intelligent, caring sons.
ReplyDelete