December 2, 2010

Turkey Day Crafts

We had a full house for Thanksgiving and I loved every minute of it. I am pretty sure Carter did too. Except for the part where he was supposed to take naps. He didn't like that part very much.

Before we kick into Christmas mode I thought I would take a minute to share a few of our Thanksgiving crafts...

First up, our Thankful Tree. Carter helped me come up with the list of things he is thankful for this year. Here they are:

All the Grandparents
Mama and Daddy
Carter and Ben
Susan, Warren, Robert, & Jack (aka Ra-Ja-Poo-N when Carter says all of their names really fast)
Nelson and Kathleen (our wonderful neighbors)
Ms. Julia and Ms. Megan (his school teachers)
Stickers & Crayons
Jumping, Singing, Talking, Dancing
Puzzles
Hippe, Teddy, Pacis, Blankets (his sleeping necessities)
Food: Oranges, Mini Wheats, Ice, Sausage
Clothes
Tee Tee and Poo Poo (this one was ALL Carter)
Books
A,B,Cs
Dinosaurs
Elmo, Cookie Monster, Bert, Ernie (and duck), Big Bird

That's a pretty good list. I helped him with some of them, but he came up with most of them on his own. Here is a picture of the finished tree.



We also made yummy turkey cupcakes. I found this idea online and the boys had a lot of fun decorating them.





And finally, we made Indian headbands. I bought a sheet of brown foam and a few bags of inexpensive feathers and the boys got to decorate their headbands. Robert made a pattern (green, red, orange, green, red, orange, etc.) Carter just wanted as many feathers as possible and I think Jack was still trying to finish his dinner at the table. Once they were made, we had a parade, of course. The boys found every single instrument we had and paraded around the house.



Surprisingly, Ben just chilled in his swing as the parade went by.

3 comments:

  1. Neat ideas. What do you have planned for the boys for Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and creative mom you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Supermom! Love the ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete