February 9, 2011

In the Hoop Crayon Roll

I experimented with my first in-the-hoop embroidery project: crayon rolls.



An in-the-hoop embroidery project means that the entire project is done while in the hoop. Make sense? This project was super easy. The embroidery machine did all of the stitching! All I had to do was lay down the fabric and press start.

I decided to make one of these for Carter for our airplane ride. He loved pulling the crayons out of the pockets and putting them back in just as much as coloring.

This was so easy to make that I decided to make two more for my nephews.



Here they are all rolled up. They stay closed with a piece of velcro that I fused to the ribbon.



My nephews got to put their crayon rolls to use today on their road trip to DISNEY WORLD! So jealous, but Susan is sending lots of fun pictures of Thunder Mountain, the Walt Disney World Railroad, and other fun rides so I can vicariously live through their trip.

Here is Jack coloring away on their long road trip.



My next in-the-hoop project is felt food for Carter's kitchen. Stay tuned. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! I have seen these on etsy. Are you back in business? I would love to have two of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out sooo cute!

    Would love to see you again soon...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete