May 26, 2011

My Little Fish

We started swim lessons on Monday and at the end of day 3 I could not be more proud of my little fish. Truthfully, I am more than proud, I am shocked at all he has learned in just 3 days!

On Monday, he basically caught up to where we left off at the end of our Mom n Me class last summer. There was one big difference though - this year I drop him off and only come back for the last 5 minutes of class. I was expecting some sort of tears or resistance. Nope, he put on his goggles and got right in. At the end of the first class he had gone under water about 15 times, was working on holding on to the side of the pool, and was practicing floating on his back.

He got a blue ribbon for going under water...



When I picked him up today, he had several new tricks to show me.

He was sitting on the side of the pool and the instructor helped him jump into the water (fully submerged) then Carter turned himself around came up for air and used his hand to grab onto the wall and hold himself up for 5 seconds.

Then he floated on his back unasisted for over 5 seconds.

Next he swam for 4 floaty toys and gave them back to the instructor.

And finally, he swam for a toy at the bottom of the pool. It was the shallowist part, but still, I was shocked and impressed.

If that didn't make mama as proud as I know how to be, the instructor told me that he loves teaching Carter because he is just so happy and fun to teach. He even said that Carter never closes his mouth when he goes under water because he just seems to be having so much fun.

I am going to try to catch some pictures/video before the class is over next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment