August 3, 2011

Iron Chef Tomato

A few weeks ago our tomato plants were feeding us, our neighbors, Adam's co-workers, and then some. We were eating lots of tomato sandwiches, BLTs, and Adam would even eat tomatoes pretending they are apples. On a Saturday afternoon, I asked Adam what he wanted to do for dinner and his mind started scheming. Let me share with you our 6-course tomato meal that he prepared that night.

(Note: All of these pictures are from my phone camera so excuse the poor quality)

The Harvest:


First Course:
Fried green tomatoes, fried okra, and fried sage


Second Course:
Homemade salsa and tortilla chips


Third Course:
Brandywine tomato with basil


Fourth Course:
Mini bruschetta...cherry tomatoes, basil, mozzarella, and balsamic vinaigrette


Fifth Course:
stuffed and baked tomato (bread crumbs, prosciutto​, cheese, rosemary stuffing)


Sixth Course:
Pasta with homemade tomato sauce


Seventh Course:
Ice cream with fresh raspberries and blackberries he picked with the boys that morning.

I am sure Adam is a fine attorney...but I think he might have missed his calling. One of the things that is most impressive to me about this meal is that he put it together in his head in just a couple of hours and with no trip to the grocery store. Occasionally we will have "clean out the fridge" meals and they are always fantastic (as long as he is in charge!) I am glad he like to experiment in the kitchen...and always happily stuffed too.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! He's definitely got talent! Wish I had it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. Homegrown veggies and homegrown recipes.

    ReplyDelete