October 28, 2011

Sponge Puppets

Wow...another few weeks have gone by and no blog post. Poor blog. So sorry.

On a bright note, my lack of writing does NOT mean that there are no new pictures. There are currently 532 pictures in my October 2011 photo album on my computer. And 107 of those made it to my October 2011 Picasa web album (which will be added to the blog by the end of the weekend, promise!)

But before I catch you up on our fun fall/Halloween activities, I thought I would share a quick craft project that Carter and I did one rainy afternoon: Sponge Puppets!

We got the idea from High Five (the 2-6 year old version of the popular Highlights magazine). Carter is always super excited when a new High Five shows up in the mail.

This month's craft project was sponge puppets. We went to Target and picked up a cheap pack of sponges and then came home to make our puppets only to discover they were really moist and the glue wouldn't stick! So we set them on a windowsil to harden for a couple of days then started the project again!

I first used a craft knife to cut holes in the bottom of the sponges for Carter's fingers. Then we cut out eyes and mouths from construction paper. He had a blast gluing them down.



Netx up? Coloring the eyes and mouths. Not sure why I gave Carter a sharpie marker for this project! Thankfully we both stayed neat and marker free.



Once our glue was dry we gave our puppets names (Hoen, Poh, Dat, and ???) and then carried on conversations with each other. Love seeing Carter's imagination at work...although our typical conversation goes something like this:

C: Hi! What's your name?
M: My name is Hoen (per Carter's instruction). What's your name?
C: I'm Poh. What you doing today?
M: I'm going to school. What about you?
...and so on.

Aren't they cute?

2 comments:

  1. Love Hoen, Poh and Dat. Would like to be a fly on the wall to listen in on some of those conversations. Thanks for the blog, we all do enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we do.
    We all know you are super busy with all you do but those who look every day for a new blog appreciate this one. Keep them coming, please!

    ReplyDelete