I bought one kit of 10 bags/light/sand for $10 to set out in front of our house. I also decided to volunteer to help make the other bags for the main streets in the neighborhood. We made around a thousand bags I think. There were lots of teenage volunteers which was fun to see. I later learned that there are volunteer hour requirements at the schools...and this qualified as fulfilling a volunteer hour...but whatever the reason they were there it was good to see. And I fully support our kids participating in community events and volunteering in the future as well...required or not!
At the end of my shift my boys showed up to fill up our bags...a big pile of sand and shoveling? I should have signed them up to volunteer early. Think they would have loved it!
Once it was dusk...it was time to set out our lights.
And here are some shots of our neighborhood all lit up. What a fun and beautiful sight to enjoy in the years to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment