Our kind neighbors watered our garden for us while we were away - we encouraged them to take anything that was ripe while we were gone - but there was still lots left for us to enjoy too. We picked lettuce, tomatoes, okra, edamame, cucumber, onions, basil, and the largest zucchini squash I have ever seen. Take a look...
This picture really doesn't do it justice. I would say it was longer than a football but not quite as wide.
I think Adam fried just about one of everything that we picked - here is a shot of the green tomato, onion, and okra medley.
And now for the full menu...
blueberry salad
pickled cucumber
zucchini lasagna with tomato basil topping
fried veggie medley
edamame
Trust me it was just as yummy as it all sounds. Thanks for the delicious dinner Adam!
YUM! We have a tiny urban "yard", and I so long for the next house where we can plant a garden. You guys are definitely an inspiration! The sweet package you sent for Mitchell came yesterday. I love both the bib and the swaddling blanket. So kind of you. We hope to meet him soon...he's due Sunday (9th) and I am scheduled to be induced on the 11th if he hasn't decided to come by then.
ReplyDeleteHey, now that looks like a good meal. Living off the land, and the planter boxes, and the tilling, and the planting, and the watering, and the weed pulling, and the mulch spreading. Good job!
ReplyDeleteCan you share your blueberry salad recipe?
ReplyDeleteHmmm. Blueberry salad recipe, huh? I don't exactly deal with recipes. I mostly just make it up as I go along. In this case it was a bit of lettuce, some chopped blueberries, and almonds. I wish I could list something fancier to sound more interesting, but it was pretty plain.
ReplyDelete