August 12, 2009

Taking One Step at a Time

Carter has been on the verge of walking for some time now. He is doing great just holding on to one of our hands for support and definitely leads the way to wherever it is he wants to go. But, whenever we let go of his hand he immediately squats down and starts crawling again.

For the past couple of nights we tried to provide a little motivation for him walking on his own - the sprinkler. We turned the water on ever so slightly so it would only spray as high as Carter's chest and Adam and I stood on either side of the water and let Carter walk back and forth between us.



We were so proud of him and cheered uncontrollably. Carter was also very proud and as soon as he reached the outstretched arms waiting for him he would immediately start clapping for himself.



We are almost there. I have been trying not to rush it. Everyone says I will be running around more than I do now when he starts walking so I have been just fine with him crawling everywhere - he gets into plenty on all fours - trust me.

But with this kind of determination and concentration it won't be long now...

3 comments:

  1. Look at the face in that last picture. He's really thinking about it, isn't he? Won't be long now......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, looks like comcast is back in business. My little buddy enjoys that water. Keep up the good work, he will be motoring around soon.

    ReplyDelete