November 15, 2009

Run Da Da Run

Carter and I are so proud of Adam for finishing his first half marathon. And not only did he finish - he ran the entire way (except for a quick stop to say "hi" to his fans) and he finished with an impressive time of 2:06:00.

Carter and I worked hard before the race to make these signs to cheer Adam on along the way.



The 2 signs below got the best responses. Carter was in his jogging stroller and I held the "Where is my pusher?" sign so the arrow was pointing to Carter in the stroller. It was fun to see the runners read the sign and then chuckle.

The picture poster was a hit too. Several people hollered out "Haven't seen him!"



The race pretty much circles our neighborhood so we didn't have to walk too far to find Adam. We made friends with other supporters on either side of us and when I said "There he is!" after I spotted Adam they started cheering for him too.

Adam stopped for just a minute to check out the signs and give Carter a kiss. Then Carter handed Da Da his sippy cup of water- pretty sweet huh?

As soon as Adam started running again we headed back to our house to the car so we could see Adam at the finish line. Unfortunately, as I said earlier, the race pretty much circles our neighborhood so a 15 minute drive downtown took close to 45. We pulled into a parking spot downtown at the exact same time I got a text message on my phone telling me Adam had crossed the finish line. Isn't technology the coolest?

Here are a couple of pictures from the finish line.



Da Da is showing Carter his medal.



After we got home and Adam got cleaned up, we headed back out with Carter in the stroller to cheer on the marathon runners. We saw our friend Janelle and her sister Katie.



Janelle has to be the happiest marathon runner at mile 22 that I could ever imagine. She and her husband Nick came over that night to watch some Auburn football and she was awake and full of energy throughout the entire game. Amazing. We also enjoyed a good visit from Matt and Lyndsay who drove down from DC to watch the game as well. They stayed with us last night and had the pleasure of hearing Carter just about every hour on the hour. Poor guy is battling new teeth, and little digestive issue, and some sort of fever bug.

All in all, it was a great weekend. Adam did fantastic and we were able to spend some good time with some good friends. Hope you all had enjoyable weekends too.

3 comments:

  1. Go Adam! Sorry we missed you guys, we were hoping to run into you, and I kept looking for Adam when the runners would pass each other at a few spots where we looped, but I think he was just too far ahead of me :)

    His time is great- finished nearly a full hour before me! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the 13.1 I am impressed. At one point during the weekend I had to go back to the car and then catch up with Nana. In honor of Adam I ran 13.1 steps, and then walked the rest of the way. Now back to "pushing" my little buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Desiree - Congrats on your race!!! We looked for you too and are sorry we missed you.
    Poppa - thanks for the "Where's my Pusher?" idea!!! It was a hit. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete