
We have lots of projects in mind for our new (very old) house. So, I thought I would start a "Before & After" series to document our changes. This weekend, Adam and I made a trip to Lowes for a random list of things for the house (fall mums for our planter boxes on the front porch, new light plate switches, caulk, etc.) We had a coupon for $10 off a $50 purchase. Well, our total came to approximately $40 which meant we needed to spend another $10 to get $10 off. So, what do we do in this spur of the moment spending spree? Buy a bag of grass seed for our brown front yard. The result of this "free" bag of seed? Several hours of intense manual labor! Adam scalped the yard with the lawn mower, then de-thatched the yard with a rake, seeded and fertilized the yard, and watered the yard thoroughly. The picture is an in progress picture...I hope to post a beautiful lush "after" picture a few weeks from now.
Just in case all this hard work gets killed off during the winter next spring you can plug zoysia (my favorite grass) or st. augustine or you can sod the whole yard. I've done zoysia twice and love it when it fills out the yard. Your neighbors will be envious
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the grass seed and yard work. Oh my goodness I just looked down at the word verification and this one may be tough. Thanks for keeping us up to date on your happenings, and our little fella.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing the progress. As you know, I love old homes, too. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteFor the "after" picture we want Carter's mom and dad with shovel and rake in hand. We might use it as advertisement on a cereal box.
ReplyDelete