September 12, 2008

Before & After

So, Carter's nursery is still a work in progress. At this rate it won't be complete until he graduates high school. But, I thought I would share the latest project.

I found some simple navy canvas curtains with black-out lining on sale at Linens N Things. Plus, I had a 20% coupon. I had previously seen some navy grommet curtains at Pottery Barn Kids on sale that I liked, but they were on back order, so I decided to keep looking. I purchased a set of panels from Linens N Things for less than the price of one curtain panel on sale at Pottery Barn Kids. (By the way, I recently learned that Linens N Things accepts their competitors' coupons. So, hang on to all those Bed Bath and Beyond coupons that come in the mail every week and know you can use them at Bed Bath and Beyond or Linens N Things. Also, Bed Bath and Beyond are not sticklers about the expiration date, so you can use their coupons whenever.)

When I got home I was anxious to check out the new curtains in Carter's room. Unfortunately, the curtains were about 2" too short - see picture below:
But, I had recently ordered some fabric to make a crib skirt (still in progress...more to come later) so I decided to use some of that fabric to extend the length of the curtain to the floor. Here is a picture of the finished project:

And here is a close up of the crib skirt fabric. I am a very beginner sewer so I added the red grosgrain ribbon to try and hide my inevitable un-straight line of joining the crib skirt fabric to the curtain panel. It is definitely not perfect, but I like it and I think Carter does too!
Now the only dilemma is where to place Mr. Turtle? (see first picture above)

1 comment: