I have been busy making bibs and t-shirts for Carter and a few others but I definitely need some more practice. And because Adam would prefer that Carter not have 20 personalized t-shirts hanging in his closet I need your help.
Here's the deal - I am giving away a t-shirt or bib to the first 10 lucky readers who leave a comment on this post. Here's the catch: I need a name for my future business. So, I figure if you can leave a comment with a catchy name idea I could make you something that you might like. What do you say? Go ahead. Click on that comment button. If you don't have a little one yourself they would make great gifts.
Here's what I need to know from you when you leave your comment:
1) Item: bib or t-shirt and size (12 mo, 18 mo, 24 mo, 3T, 4T)
{I need a smaller hoop before I can do onesies or anything smaller than 12 mo}
2) Applique or Monogram: For now just one or the other - I still need to purchase the software to combine the applique and monogram
{there are lots of start-up costs and I am doing my best to take it one step at a time.}
Applique Options:
- train
- sailboat
- beach ball*
- sand pail
- converse sneaker
- tie
- surf boards
- flip flops
- pink lemonade glass
- bird*
- whale*
- one letter of alphabet*
* see Embroidery photo album at top left of blog
3) Business Name Ideas: I am looking for something simple but catchy. Possibly a one word name like - Dogwood or Popsicle or Bowtie - I don't particularly like any of those but you get the idea. I am thinking that if I found that perfect word/name my website/business cards would say something like - Popsicle - Children's Embroidery.
Another possibility we came up with was Sweet T Designs. But, this is pretty similar to Sweet Pea Designs which is the name of a popular stationary line.
One final random option is Little Bittle - this is a nickname Adam sometimes calls me and I just think it sounds fun but it is probably a bit too silly.
You can see I need some help - please give me any ideas you have!
I hope to hear from you guys real soon because I am itching to experiment some more with my new machine. Once you leave a comment with the basic information I requested above I will e-mail you to figure out a few more details such as color preference, mailing address, etc.
Thanks for your help! I look forward to making something for your little ones.
May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Okay, here goes! I think Little Bittle is really cute--you could go off of that with Itty Bitty or Itsy Bitsy, which I also like. I thought of "Carter Designs", but then remember Carter's, the extremely popular baby co.! Polka Dot or Sweet Chick come to mind, yet it is before 8am and I've yet to have my coffee, so they could be way off base! :) Perhaps they'll provide you with some food for thought. :) We would be honored to have anything created so expertly by you, so whatever you have leftover, send it our way! James' initials are JWG. Thanks and good luck!!
ReplyDeleteWhat about Tracy's Treasures? Sweet Treasures? Sweet Treats? Whimsical? Whimsical Designs? Whimsical Treasures?
ReplyDeleteJust a few ideas.
I would like a beach ball t-shirt, just like the one in the photo album. :)
You would have to use your great handwriting to make it look exciting but I suggest TParty...
ReplyDeleteTParty Embroidery and Designs. If I win I need identical shirts for my three little buddies (all boys) ...4 1/2, 1 1/2 and 1
I'm a sucker for giveaways! Tracy! I'm so impressed!! I'm trying appliques free hand on my sewing machine(with the help of some iron on stabilizer) and your lines are SO smooth compared to mine.
ReplyDeleteLittle Bittle is my pick for your business name. I love personalized names like that - it's special to you and I don't think it sounds silly at all.
We're not picky around here - so try out something you want to make - and one of the boys will wear it with pride:)
yippee!
ReplyDeleteI would LOVE a bib with the bird on it for CB.
Before I read the other comments I had thought of "itsy bitsy" and "itty bitty" too. Lindsey just walked in and gave the idea "stitch."
I am sorry I haven't called you back. I really do want to talk and catch up!
Beautiful Work!
ReplyDeleteMy vote is for Little Bittle, it is unique and folks would remember it. I live in a place where monogram items are hard to find so, no matter what name you choose, I will for sure be a repeat customer!
I love the t-shirts with the letters of the alphabet on them! I especially like the one you made for Carter for the 4th of July! I would love one similar in a 18 month shirt for my son James!
Thank you so much!
How fun! I'm glad you are doing this, it takes talent, organization, and creativity...perfect for you! Itty Bitty is cute, and I really like sweet treats...simple and catchy. Would love a sailboat for Michael, 3T...and my first order will be flip flops to coordinate for Anna, 18 months...Thanks!!
ReplyDeleteBridget
How about "Lovely Lady Designs" - a twist on your last name? Or "Little League Designs"
ReplyDeleteOthers:
Home works
Doublestitch Designs
but i do love Little Bittle!
How about TLC? For Tracy Lovelady's crafts? Or Noodles - don't know why, that's just one of my favorite words.
ReplyDeleteI think "Sweet T" is really appropriate for you and don't think there's a conflict with Sweet Pea since it's a completely different type of product. "Peach T" might also be cute (or just "Peaches"). Or "Tomatoes", which I always have associated with Adam and now you. :) Isaac would enjoy having a size 18mo shirt if we made the cut!
ReplyDeleteanother random idea: tickle me stitches
ReplyDeleteWell, clearly I am too late, but I agree with G.G., TLC fits you PERFECTLY (to a T, some might say?). I would have loved a 24 mo t-shirt with any of the animals. But, just wanted to give you some feedback! So proud of how productive you guys are as parents! :)
ReplyDelete