May 15, 2009

Heavy Sleeper

Although we had a little bit of a setback last night I am very thankful that Carter's sleeping habits have improved. He is still taking two naps each day but we have implemented end times for those naps to protect his night time sleep. I don't let him sleep past 11:00 in the morning or past 4:00 in the afternoon. Usually he sleeps around three hours total during the day and around eleven hours each night. The cut off times for the daily naps seems to really be helping. Before we started this approach we followed the "never wake a sleeping baby" approach. But that was killing us at night because he was sleeping so well during the day that he wanted to stay awake way past his normal bedtime. One day last weekend he was sleeping so hard when I went in to get him that I was able to snap a few pictures. Such a cutie sleeping with his soothing blanket "Hippie."
And lately he has been sleeping so hard at night that he wakes up with crazy hair, like this:

I am trying to hold out until his one year birthday for a haircut but am not sure if I am going to make it!

1 comment:

  1. Now I knew we would find something about Carter that looked like "poppa". The hair after heavy sleeping....I see the resemblance now.

    ReplyDelete