However, last weekend snow crossed the line. Take a look.

That is our front first floor gutter laying on the ground.
A lot of houses in the neighborhood have snow guards on their roofs to prevent snow sliding off of your roof in sheets. You can guess that our roof does not have these snow guards. We first experienced this snow sliding with the storm in December. The first chunk slid off and I could have sworn a tree had fallen on the house. It was loud. Really loud. Then it happened again. And again. It took about an hour for it all to hit the ground and boy was I glad when it was over. Except it made a dent in our first floor gutter.
But that was nothing compared to last weekend's storm. This time the snow started falling at ten o'clock at night. Mimi had already headed up for bed and Carter was sleeping soundly. Again, the first chunk sounded terrible. Then there was another. And another. Then I could see a piece of our gutter hanging down through our living room windows. Not a good sign. With each piece that fell the gutter dipped a little bit more. I sent Adam out in the cold to see how much snow was left to fall. Not too long after he got outside, the final sheet came sliding down and took our gutter with it. Sigh. Bad Snow.
With the forecast calling for more snow this weekend, and possibly Tuesday, and again next weekend we are going to wait to get it fixed for a week or two. No sense putting it back up to have it pulled down again.
So, my thing for snow is over. At least for now. Knowing me I will get giddy the first time snow is mentioned in the forecast next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment