
Snow is still covering our garden boxes, but I’m thinking about the hot July sun beating down on tomatoes and okra plants. As part of my birthday gift, Tracy sent me to the Botanical Garden for an Organic Gardening course (for you Auburn grads, there was no Pop Quiz Man involved). So now I’m itching to till that snow into the soil and get started with some spring veggies.
The gardening course was led by Amy from Amy’s Gardens, the farm behind the Tomatoes and Jazz event. I got lots of good information on dirt and bugs and other fun stuff.
The gardening course was led by Amy from Amy’s Gardens, the farm behind the Tomatoes and Jazz event. I got lots of good information on dirt and bugs and other fun stuff.
There's lot to do, of course. Gotta plot everything out, start some seeds, amend the soil, figure out how to run a soaker hose from a rain barrel, and purchase a Carter-sized watering can. But we can't wait. We'll keep you posted on the progress.
No snow on the ground here, but still ice and MUD. I am with you on "ready for springtime". Got some tomatoes growing inside, and trying to do a better job with them this year. Good luck tilling the snow. Put a shovel in the little man's hand and watch him go!
ReplyDelete