Mimi was in town last weekend - she volunteered to come keep Carter for the weekend so Adam and I could getaway for a weekend birthday celebration in DC. Based on the forecast we decided to cancel our travel plans and stay put. But, we did take Mimi up on her offer to watch Carter so we could go play.
This is the entrance to our neighborhood.
And this is the major intersection just outside of the arch. It was pretty deserted and pretty covered.
Our neighborhood streets were like this for several days. We live on a one way street so it is really too small to plow, but the city did come by Wednesday and Thursday and lay some salt/sand mixture just in time to clear the roads for the next storm.
Adam made his first snow angel.
And then we tromped over to our nearby park that we thought had some good sledding hills. We grabbed a couple of trash can lids (our best sled on hand) and headed out to find this:


There were probably a couple of hundred kids there sledding in much more high tech sleds than our trash can lids. Adam took a couple of running starts down the hill and would stop after 10 feet. Other kids zoomed right past him as he stood up, grabbed his lid, and walked back to the top of the hill. I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time.
Even though we weren't able to get out of town for the weekend it was a treat to be able to play in the snow and explore our neighborhood while Mimi kept Carter safe, warm, and thoroughly entertained at home. Thanks Mimi for our weekend getaway at home.
As I said at the beginning of this post, we are due for some more snow. Check out the view from our back door as I write...
So pretty!! Wish we could get a little bit of that here!
ReplyDeleteSo when do we purchase a sled like the other "kids" have?
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing. I would love some snow, but I really don't want it to stay as long as you are going to have to deal with it.
ReplyDelete