
It is a rhyming book from a baby's point of view in utero. Pretty funny. Especially for me as I carry this baby boy around. Here is the text from one of my favorite pages...
“I’m all in a heap here.
My feet are asleep here.
I’m flat out of space.
I’ve got knees in my face.
And I’m totally bored
with this dumb bungee cord…
I’m NOT kidding you…
there is NOTHING to do!”
And here is proof that this little guy is all out of space...pictures from 8/12...so over a week ago.
And here is a shot of Carter trying to stick out his belly like Mama. Whose belly is bigger? (Wait, please don't answer that!)
I had my 38 week check up on Wednesday. My doctor is in Africa so I saw a nurse practitioner. She gave me more information than my doctor ususally does, but I wasn't prepared to remember it all! Anyhow, here are the stats for those that are interested - 1 cm, 50% effaced, baby estimated at 7-7.5 lbs as of now.
I am definitely slowing down. The ends of the days are exhausting. My hips continue to prepare for labor with those shooting pains. In fact, I had a tough round of them when we were at the mall on Monday. We were walking from the food court to the bathroom and I had to stop every few steps to either try to shake the pain out or lift my knee to find a more comfortable spot. I am sure I looked silly. But, sweet Carter joined right in and started shaking and lifting his leg too.
The book closes with this...
“So, Ma, here’s the plan.
Let’s rest while we can.
I’ll stay in here longer-
Get bigger, grow stronger.
Then ready…set…YAY!
I’ll be comin’ to play!”
Until then, I am soaking up as much Carter time as I can!
An amazing blog. Shortly the knee pain will be deemed insignificant as compared to the birthing process. And appropriate poetry. Thanks. Keep the blogs coming as long as you can.
ReplyDeleteGreat book. I know all 4 of you are enjoying it!! Lil Ben will have a good teacher in finding things to do.
ReplyDeleteTracy you look amazing! You are all belly- like you swallowed a cantaloupe. :) I know how hard those last few weeks are. Hang in there! We are so excited for yall. :)
ReplyDelete