But Carter on the other hand, is developing quite the little memory. I really enjoy asking him questions at the end of the day over dinner about what we did, where we went, who we saw, etc. Partly to share our day with daddy and partly just to see his mind work to come up with the answers and hear him try to say the words he wants to say.
One day last week Carter became perplexed by a spot on our baseboards in the kitchen. I think it was some dried glue from either the hardwood refinishing or countertop installation. Anyhow, he knew it shouldn't be there and wanted to get it off. I told him to ask Daddy to fix it when he got home. (I use that solution a good bit around here!)
Shortly after Adam got home and had changed out of his work clothes, Carter starts saying "Daddy fix kitchen, Daddy fix kitchen" over and over again. We hadn't talked about it in several hours. I was amazed at his memory. Here they are removing the glue.
Another quick memory story, but this time the time lapse was a full week! Before Adam took Carter to a Sunday baseball game the weather was looking a bit questionable. We had been talking about going to a birthday party and then to the game. On the way to the birthday party it was raining, so I tried to explain to Carter that if it was still raining after the party that we couldn't go to the baseball game because they can't play in the rain. He seemed ok with this at the time. Luckily, the weather was great after the party and they did get to go to the game.
A week later, this past Sunday, we were out running errands and a big rain storm popped up. Carter starts saying "rain, rain" and then started saying "no baseball." Pretty cool, huh?
Now, I just want to know, will I get my memory back after this baby is born, or is Carter stealing my memory?
Smart little guy you have there. But I'm not surprised.
ReplyDeleteI wonder what you have been teaching C about your new addition and how he is taking to that. I'm sure he will handle the situation well. And that he will be a huge asset to his little brother.
ReplyDelete