January 3, 2013

a few more Christmas crafts...

My Christmas craft box overflowed a little bit this year...but I think we put a lot of the supplies to good use. Here is a Christmas tree we made using the boys' hands. I really liked the way this one turned out and was looking forward to framing it. Unfortunately, we made it the day my mom was coming to town and Carter really wanted to wrap it up for Gram as a present. Couldn't say no to his Christmas spirit so we might have to make another one next year.



The boys always giggle uncontrollably when I trace their hands so I always enjoy these projects. I used Ben's smaller hands on the top 2 rows and Carter's bigger hands on the bottom 2 rows. Then the boys helped me glue them down and add the 'ornaments'.

The boys also got to decorate gingerbread houses compliments of Mimi. Carter was very particular and methodical in his candy placement...took his time and planned out each side.



Ben stuck with it for about half the time of Carter and wanted to eat more than decorate. :)



Overall I think both houses turned out great. We decorated the houses the morning we went to see Santa...very festive.

And here is one more craft that was tougher to execute than I had planned...a Carter and Ben snow globe!



I found these plastic snow globes at Michaels and decided to give it a shot. I ordered some small pictures of the boys...cut them out and covered them with clear packing tape on both sides for protection...glued the pictures and some plastic tree garland to the base of the snow globe...then filled with glitter, water, and glycerin. The boys had a blast shaking themselves and watching the glitter sprinkle down. Surprisingly, the tape has protected the pictures just fine. However, the red glitter (Carter's choice) has tinted the water just a bit. And one of our trees came loose. So definitely room for improvement if we try these again!

And here is one final shot of our living room decorated for the holidays...always LOVE the Christmas card display!



I am sure you are tired of Christmas posts....but I just have a few more left...promise!

2 comments: