This is the first year we have dyed eggs with the boys and it was a lot of fun. It seems like a lot of effort to make the eggs pretty and then just stick them back in the fridge...but oh well...we enjoyed it so I guess it was all worth it.
Here we are all set up and ready to go...
Carter didn't care for the vinegar process...
But he got on board once we got to start dipping the eggs...
Surprise, Surprise, Ben chose to dye all of his eggs blue!
So I am sure this is by fault of the egg boiler and not the egg peeler, but this is what all of Adam's peeled eggs end up looking like. :) This egg cracked at some point in the process and was not dyable so we ate it up.
Here is our finished product...
Our next spring time activity involved our garden! Yippee! We missed out on gardening all together last year due to the move/summer apartment situation so I was so excited for the boys to get to play in the dirt and help start our seeds. Our neighbors also came over to help.
They did a good job taking turns helping me plant seeds. I didn't think I could handle eight little hands at a time trying to plant tiny seeds in any sort of organized manner so I had two at a time and Adam kept the other two busy shoveling or asking them to water the sidewalk.
Love this! He was so concentrated and interested in the process...
(side note...he had his first soccer game earlier that morning and didn't want to take off his jersey or his shin guards! (he scored a goal too!))
We did one tray of veggies (okra, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots) and another tray with mostly flowers.
We also did a little bit of landscaping in the front. We edged the front beds and added a little bit of a curve. I want to add some brick as a border...but we priced some this weekend and it was more expensive than I expected so we are still searching for a good border possibility.
We added a couple of low spreading plants to the front edge. We also planted two hydrangea shrubs that came from Poppa and Nana's house and have been patiently waiting in pots since we moved.
Here is Carter standing in one of the hydrangea holes.
Now we have to wait for our seeds to grow and figure out where we are going to plant them in the backyard!
They say we are going to be in the mid 40's with rain again next weekend so I am glad we got outside while we could! (That groundhog did not tell the truth this year!)
No comments:
Post a Comment