March 21, 2013

our new dentist

one of my least favorite things about moving is finding new doctors.  I tend to wait until I "need" them to make the change.  Well, after 6 months had come and gone I knew it was time to find a dentist for both Adam and I and the boys.  I was very surprised at how difficult it was to find a dentist in the area that was covered by our plan.  The only pediatric dentist in network was in a town 20+ minutes away...not too far...just not what I have been used to.  I ended up finding somewhere close that will file the paperwork for me with insurance...and I think I have to pay an extra $10 per visit or so...worth the extra 40 minutes of driving to me!  So enough rambling...on to the fantastic experience.

First, the lobby was awesome.  They had lots of toys and two gaming systems set up too.  We don't have anything like that yet, but Carter immediately sat down to play.  After their check-ups they wanted to keep playing in the lobby.  Smart doctor.

Carter was in the big kid area in an open room with several chairs.  I wasn't supposed to go back with him...but I got to sneak a quick picture after Ben was done with his cleaning.  love the sunglasses.  another smart move.



Ben's check-up was in a private room with several toys too. And I sat on a cube and the dentist sat on a cube and I got to hold Ben (or at least the bottom half of him!) while I laid him back in her lap for her to do the cleaning. He resisted at first...but I think him sitting in my lap definitely contributed to a good appointment.

Here he is with his prized egg toy after a good check-up...



Another neat thing they do at this office is putting your name on a leaf on their cavity free trees! Each month they start with empty trees and if you have a cavity free check-up they write your name on a leaf and you get to hang it on the tree. Proud that both boys got to add a leaf to the tree this visit!





Can't believe it...but I am actually looking forward to taking them back to the dentist!!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you found a great dentist. Did you and Adam have fun toys at your dentist too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As usual, it's great to know that the boys are well taken care of. Congrats to you and Adam.

      Delete