Recently I have bragged on how well Carter has slept. Well, I may have jinxed our luck. Both Friday and Saturday nights were long with frequent trips to the nursery. Finally, at 5:15 this morning we decided to take a step back and re-swaddle with only one arm out. After that he slept for almost 2 hours – our longest stretch of the night.

Even though we awoke Saturday morning bleary eyed, we had plenty to do. Carter’s Poppa and Nana were on their way for a visit and we still had lots of cleaning to do. We spent a lot of Friday afternoon cleaning too, but I learned a valuable lesson: this house cannot be cleaned in one afternoon with a baby. Our home has more square footage than the total of our past 3 apartments combined. Our house is not huge, rather our previous apartments have been quite small – 2 of them less than 600 square feet. What used to take one afternoon of scrubbing and vacuuming now requires multiple cleaning sessions to get it all done. But, we made enough progress and Adam headed off to pick up our special guests from the airport.

Meanwhile, Carter and I went to our first Mommy & Me yoga class at a studio just a couple of blocks from our house. There was one other mom/baby in the class yesterday and we had previously met them in the neighborhood while out walking one day. The other baby was just 3 weeks younger than Carter. The class was a lot of fun. They encourage a lot of interaction with your baby while you stretch, exercise, etc. At one point we got in a circle and while holding our babies facing each other we would do squats. The babies loved looking at each other as well as the movement up and down. We also did some mini baby yoga moves such as moving their arms out and in and moving their hips in circles. It was relaxing and fun and Carter seemed to really enjoy it. He laughed and cooed and was an angel baby.
Yesterday afternoon we enjoyed showing off Carter’s tricks to Poppa and Nana. They smiled as big as Carter did. We also hung a new swing on our Japanese maple tree in the front yard (thanks Aunt Susan!) Carter is still a little small for the swing, but seemed to really enjoy just small movement with very close parental supervision. (Sometimes it is still very odd to me that I am now the “parental supervisor.”) Once it was nap time again, we got busy working in the yard. Adam mowed the back yard and I clipped some shrubs that had gotten extremely overgrown. It was another exercise that really made me feel like a homeowner – which I love.

Last night Adam grilled a wonderful meal for us and we even made a fire in our fire pit for the first time even though the temperature didn’t call for a fire. He grilled pork tenderloin, asparagus, squash, zucchini, and onions. It was all yummy.
We followed a very unfortunate Auburn football game via the internet and retired early. It was quite a busy day, a busier day than I have had in quite awhile, but very enjoyable.
YC does look happy in that swing. Keep up the supervision and let him enjoy the breeze in his face. Tell him I'm looking forward to your next trip down.
ReplyDeleteLooks like Carter really enjoys the new swing.
ReplyDelete