7:00 - We all wake up, have breakfast, Daddy goes to work, while Carter and I have play time
9:00 - Carter goes down for morning nap
10:00 - Carter wakes up and eats again
11:10 - Story time at local library, meet other moms in the neighborhood, Carter "meets" other babies
12:00 - home in time for Carter's nap
...but, here are the actual events of the morning
6:00 - Carter wakes up an hour earlier than normal and has no intentions of going back to sleep
8:00 - Daddy puts Carter down for morning nap and then heads off to work
9:00 - Carter wakes up again for brunch
10:45 - It is getting very close to Carter's next nap time (he is usually only awake for 2 hours at a time during the morning) but I decided to strap him into the car seat and head to story time anyway.

11:00 - show up for story time...
11:05 - wait for others to show up for story time...
11:10 - Carter gets solo story time. We are the only ones to show up. But, the story teller read him a fun book - Go Away Big Green Monster - very appropriate for the season, and a very cute book. Then we sang a couple of songs and ended the story time early.
11:30 - We make it home and I put a very tired Carter down for a nap.
Even though the morning didn't go as planned, I didn't really expect it to. I expected Carter's schedule to be off because we actually had something planned to do. I was a little disappointed that the story time had poor attendance, but there is another class for toddlers that the story teller encouraged me to attend. That class was letting out as I arrived and there were 5-10 kids there with their moms, plus a couple of younger siblings closer to Carter's age so I think I will give it a shot next week.
While I was there I checked out the library and was impressed. It is a small neighborhood library, but it is within walking distance from our house which is a definite plus. Also, it appeared that at least a third of the library (maybe more) was dedicated to children's books. I think Carter, Daddy and will become frequent visitors to our local library as Carter gets older.
In the meantime, Carter and I are looking forward to another Mommy and Me yoga class this weekend.
You get an A+ for effort and mommyism. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteYour anticipated time schedule was partially correct. You had the :00 part right. Keey introducing the little fella to all things good, he definitely enjoys.
ReplyDeleteJust a quick thank you for all the glimpses into the lives of you three that we don't get to see anymore. I know all who read them appreciate them very much.
ReplyDeleteTracy, I laughed so hard reading this post, b/c I could insert "play group" or any number of other outings into this post and put it on my blog! That whole schedule thing will get better, I promise, and hooray for you for powering through. :)E
ReplyDelete