November 9, 2008

Weekend Update

Here is a quick recap of our weekend.

On Friday night Adam read Newsweek’s special edition Secrets of the 2008 Campaign almost from cover to cover. It sounds pretty interesting. Newsweek describes this special edition as “exclusive behind-the-scenes reporting from the McCain and Obama camps assembled by a special team of reporters who were granted year-long access on the condition that none of their findings appear until after Election Day”. You can read more about it here.

While Adam was busy reading, I started my sewing project. I am still a pretty slow sewer and pattern instructions confuse me from start to finish, but I was able to pin and cut all of my fabric before the night was over. Now, I am ready to sew. On Saturday morning, we headed to the outlet malls, which are an hour away or so. With a little planning, we were able to drive while Carter slept. The forecast called for 30% chance of rain in the morning, which really meant “yes, it will rain, and rain, and rain. Bring your raincoats and your umbrellas. Going to the outdoor outlet malls are a bad idea.” But, apparently, everyone else watched the same forecast because the stores were packed. By the time we were leaving people were cruising the parking lots looking for any open parking space. I was thrilled when I found these adorable hats for Carter at the Hanna Andersson store. Usually that store is too pricey for me, but these hats were $2.00 each so I couldn’t resist. Today we made it back to church and all reports from the nursery said Carter was adorable and fun, even though he didn’t take a nap according to mommy’s plan. Daddy and Carter went for a jog this afternoon and now he is enjoying his evening bottle before bedtime. (I am hesitant to post this as it might jinx our progress, but Carter slept from 11:30 pm to 6:00 am last night!)

Hope everyone reading had an enjoyable weekend as well.



3 comments:

  1. M and I saw the Newsweek group on cspan talking bout their experiences with the candidates during their year long coverage. I was most impressed with the editor. In fact one of the main points he brought out was that O was always calm and that might have changed my attitude somewhat. However I wonder about his two appointments so far. And good on you YC for behaving so well in church

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost it again. Just can't leave a comment unless I'm "anonymous". Any ideas? Anyway, I think I said that I didn't think it had been that long since I last looked here, but you've been busy and I love your street and all the pix. Seems you realy made the right decision with Richmond and the neighborhood. We're having an early Fall - it's usually around Thanksgiving and trees here are pretty, as well. Keep 'em coming. Love, G.G. (Marcia)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the little fella enjoys the "knee ride" Keep up the good work, and glad you are finding something to do in your "spare time".

    ReplyDelete