November 30, 2008

Adorable Adorable Adorable

Carter’s Gram (my mom) came for a visit this weekend. I lost track on Saturday how many times she used the word 'adorable' referring to her ‘adorable’ grandson. It is good to have another unbiased opinion to confirm that Carter is such a cutie. She was smitten within an hour of her arrival on Friday evening when Carter smiled at her and hugged her neck. She was bursting with adoration when she got to give him his evening bottle and he fell asleep in her arms.
On Saturday Gram, Carter and I ran a few errands to try to take advantage of a couple of good shopping coupons. Then we returned home and became a house divided to watch the Iron Bowl. Gram was outnumbered with Carter in Auburn gear and mommy and daddy pulling for the Tigers, but the Tide pulled out a victory anyhow. I sure hope Carter experiences an Iron Bowl victory next year. We planned on venturing out to church this morning, but Carter slept an extra hour this morning so our morning got off schedule (not that I am complaining about the extra hour of sleep!) We enjoyed some visitors this afternoon. Our friends Scott and Kelly stopped by on their way home from their Thanksgiving travels. We sipped hot apple cider and watched Carter smile at all of us.
I have enjoyed several days with daddy at home as well as Gram’s company this Thanksgiving week. So many special moments to remind me how much there is to be thankful for.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good visit with your mom and that she and YC bonded. As you get older, BG, you will find that life is a continuous blessing and should be thought of as a blessing at all times. But don't be surprised next year if the "streak" becomes two. I'll be thankful of that for you. Roll Tide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott looks pretty comfortable there holding the little fella. Adorable is a great word!

    ReplyDelete