February 1, 2009

Come on in...

...and this is what you will see:
We found (what we think) is the perfect piece for our entryway this weekend. I have been craving a piece of furniture to welcome me when I walk in the door and this does the trick. I have also needed a place to stash mail, keys, junk, stuff that keeps accumulating on the stairs or by the front door. This piece is it and it is just right.
.
It is a 1940's mahogany dresser with three deep drawers and a bowed front. I found it at an area antique store on Friday and took Adam back to see it on Saturday. When I saw it on Friday, I took a picture of it, but the price was a little higher than I wanted it to be. On Saturday, we learned that piece was 25% less - which made the price within budget and a good deal. We took the price tag off, paid for it, and Adam returned 30 minutes later with an empty RAV-4 ready to pick it up.
.
Adam frequently surprises me with flowers - and I always enjoy them. But, we haven't had a good place to display the flowers. So I had put a moratorium on flowers until we found a piece for the entryway. Check out the new flowers - I beat Adam to the punch and bought these at the grocery store last night.

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful piece of furniture and just the right location for it.

    ReplyDelete