July 10, 2009

Bye Bye Curls

Over the first few months of Carter's life I got a lot of "she's so pretty" comments when we were out running errands. Despite a blue onesie, blue pants, and a blue blanket we still got "pretty" comments which was ok with me up to a certain month. But last week I got another one at Wal-Mart and I decided it was time for Carter's first haircut. Here are some of the pictures during the process...


Carter: "What do you think you are doing?"Carter: "Mmmm - mommy is giving me goldfish - she can do whatever she wants"

Carter: "Mmmmm - goldfish are very yummy!"

He did great - really great. No fussing. Occasional squirming but only to find out where the goldfish went. I have to ration them one at a time - if I don't he would be able to compete with the best at the Chubby Bunny contest of goldfish.

The cut looks nice and clean and very boyish. Still a cutie.

UPDATE: Carter and I had lunch at Chick-fil-A day (which by the way was CRAZY - it is National Cow Appreciation Day and it was packed). Anyhow - while Carter and I were eating an employee came up and asked if he could get a placemat for 'her'! Can you believe it? Less than 24 hours after cute boyish haircut another girly comment. Just for the record he was in a very boyish animal bib, a tractor onesie and plaid shorts. Oh well. I guess he can be a pretty baby for a little bit longer.

4 comments:

  1. And always will be until he turns handsome, rougish and debonaire. But he'll still be a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - a big boy with a haircut. I'm so glad he did well. I can't wait to see him, and his mommy and daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We still get those comments from folks...they say with hesitation..."Brothers, right?" I quickly say "Yes, brothers." But our sweet pest guy still thinks Daniel is a girl :)

    He's so handsome! Enjoy the pretty baby stage!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little chipmunk....

    ReplyDelete