December 6, 2008

O Tannenbaum, O Tannenbaum

Well, we got our tree this week. An organization sells trees at the nearby elementary school, so getting one was easy...although we managed to complicate things. Given a busy schedule (for mommy and daddy) this week, Wednesday morning was our only time to go get a tree. But, we didn't consult Carter's calendar. As it turned out, he was scheduled for a long nap Wednesday morning, so we had to adjust.



Tracy is, well, particular when it comes to trees. So she went to pick out a tree while I stayed at the house with Carter. At the tree place, though, she was two bucks short and not confident in her ability to tie the tree onto the roof of the car. She put the tree on hold and drove home. I, then, drove back to the school, paid the tree man, put the tree on the car, and headed back home to set up the tree.

Despite Carter's scheduling challenges, I was supposed to be in a suit and on the road to school. Shortly after the tree was standing, I threw on a suit and hit the road, pausing just long enough for a photo.

Tracy (and Carter) hung the lights and most of the ornaments, but they left me a few to add when I got home. Now we just need some presents for beneath the tree. One present made an early appearance, but did not stay long. Tracy gave me season five of The Wire for Christmas/Graduation, and she was kind kind enough to let me open it early (while I actually have some time to enjoy the DVDs). As you may know, I mildly enjoy this HBO series. And, of course, by "mildly enjoy" I mean "This the greatest television show ever!" It is not everyone's cup of tea, but I am a big fan. The only problem now: It's hard to get out and actually purchase presents to go under the tree when you've got a warm house, a comfortable couch, and an entire season of The Wire to watch.

1 comment:

  1. Great looking tree, great spot to put it. I think a see a familiar looking Santa on some of those branches. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete