December 15, 2008

This is December?

We are enjoying some unseasonably warm weather around here. This afternoon I managed to slip away from work early and we went for a jog around the neighborhood. Carter has always enjoyed the stroller (you may recall our late night strolls in July). And the trend continues. After fifteen or twenty minutes in motion, the little fella is out cold.

We have multiple incentives for jogging. First and most immediate is my waistline. Tracy's Dessert Factory continues to produce more sweets than a household of three could (or should) possibly consume. But, ever the supportive husband, I have enjoyed more than my share. Obviously this is not the best thing for long-term health, but it is also not the best thing for my short-term wardrobe. If I keep up my current pace, I'm not sure what I'll wear to work in January.

Secondly, we've decided to run in a 10k together this spring. We've both run road races before (see Tracy's vintage Peachtree Road Race t-shirt at left), but this will be our first run together. It will be great fun, and it will be good incentive to get in shape.

2 comments:

  1. Does "we" mean three in the 10K? Good luck with the anti-shaping, especially during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, here I am at the library having now caught up with all the blogs and pictures I could not get. Wonderful to have access again to your ongoing lives. M and I look forward to seeeing you three shortly and being able to keep up with your blogs. ILMG

    ReplyDelete