December 7, 2008

The Very Multi Purpose Table

During a recent discussion about our home furnishings we realized the only items we have purchased include 2 beds, a couch, and a table. I purchased one of the beds, the couch, and the table for my first apartment out of college. The rest of our furniture has come from generous hand-me-downs and family pieces we have snagged from various grandparents.

The table I mentioned above came from a discount furniture store and I paid $150 for the table and four chairs. Over the years it has been a dining room table, an office desk, it has lied dormant under a couch with no use, and now, it's latest use? my new craft desk!!! I am very excited. Our neighbors have recently renovated their kitchen and asked if we had any use for their old kitchen cabinets that were salvaged. Since we gladly accept all hand-me-downs we quickly said yes and stored them in our basement. However, just recently, as we were trying to find a place for me to sew other than our dining room table, we had the idea of putting the table top on top of the kitchen cabinets so I could have a taller workspace with some storage. The finished product is not ideal (the drawers don't work) but it will be very useful and the price was right.
PS - those are Carter's almost finished pants on the table...just need to hem them.

No comments:

Post a Comment