For Christmas we gave all of Carter’s grandparents web cams. They all love hearing Carter noises over the phone so I thought it would be a big hit if they could see Carter over the Internet. I think I was right.I enlisted Aunt Susan for some experiments before we gave the web cams to the grandparents and it was so fun to be able to see her in her home several states away while chatting. Somehow it made the distance seem not so great. After testing out a couple of Internet calling providers we decided Skype was the clearest and easiest to use. Plus, it is a free service – doesn’t get much better than that. Now all four grandparents have web cams and can chat with us face to face. Pretty cool, huh?
This weekend Poppa entertained Carter with some farm toys they have at their house. He held up a quacking duck to the web cam and Carter studied the computer screen wondering where the noise was coming from. Yesterday Granddaddy got to watch Carter during cereal time. While I was getting the cereal ready I asked Granddaddy to “babysit” by hollering if Carter rolled too far.
If anyone else has long-distance family or friends this is a fantastic way to keep in touch for free (after the small investment of purchasing a web cam).
G.G. here - your dad sure loves his web cam. When I get home about 5:10 and he's not downstairs and I hear a voice upstairs, I know he's having his 5 o'clock "date". What a great gift!
ReplyDeleteCool - we just got a new macbook that has a camera built in, so we plan to use Skype with Brooke & John to show off Reid AND to see our new niece or nephew later on this year!
ReplyDelete