January 10, 2009

Happy Saturday Morning

Adam and I had breakfast, a cup of coffee, and were reading the Saturday paper before Carter woke up this morning. No, we didn’t get up at the crack of dawn. We woke up at 8:45 and were SHOCKED when we looked at the clock. So, we tiptoed past Carter’s room and headed downstairs to enjoy a few quiet minutes.

Carter started stirring a little after 9:00 and was bright eyed and ready to play. He babbled this morning from 5:00-6:00 and I finally decided to feed him at 6:00 thinking it was going to be an early start to the day. But, somehow he decided to fall back asleep and gave us and extra couple of hours of sleep. What a nice treat on a Saturday morning.

I think Carter was surprised and excited that Adam was still here when he woke up. The past few mornings Adam left for work before Carter woke up…but when I brought Carter downstairs this morning his whole face lit up and his full body squirmed in my arms with excitement. He loves his daddy for sure!

We are going to do a little carpet/furniture shopping this afternoon. I am pretty sure I have a picture in my head of what I am looking for…so far it has just been tough to find that picture as actual furniture pieces. Perhaps today will be the lucky day.

Happy Saturday to you!

1 comment:

  1. Adam, that moment is one you will want to remember. I know I will always remember the smile on YC's face when you and T played chase with him. So when things are not going well remember that moment and everything will be better.

    ReplyDelete