
We arrived home early Friday morning and spent yesterday relaxing at home. We decided to do the same ‘drive late while Carter sleeps’ plan and it worked out well. I was afraid Carter wouldn’t recognize home and that we would have to teach him how to put himself to sleep in his own crib all over again. But, when we got him out of his carseat and put him on his changing table to get him ready for bed he started smiling and cooing up a storm. I really think he recognized his room and was having a conversation with the animals canvases on the walls. We really enjoyed our holiday vacation but are also really glad to be home.
.
Here is a quick recap of our trip by numbers:
6 states
8 tanks of gas
1,946 miles
84 dirty diapers
4 times setting up Carter’s pack n play
9 adoring grandparents and great grandparents
too many singing, buzzing, rattling toys (is there a cow in the trunk?)
2 locks of jack’s hair
382 pictures taken (after editing)
countless smiles and giggles
We enjoyed your visit SO MUCH! Thanks for making the trip and giving us some precious time with Carter....and mommy and daddy.
ReplyDeleteIt was terrific to see the change in YC. It was also terrific to see you and A. I think YC had changed more than you two. A, best of luck in your new venture Monday. I hope for you all the best and continued growth in your new profession.
ReplyDelete