June 10, 2009

Comedy of Errors

What started as a simple diaper change yesterday ended in a mid-day bath and renewed appreciation for Daddy.

Carter has been a little wiggle worm on the changing table lately. He rolls over. He fusses. He kicks (so hard that the lamp that used to be on the changing table is now sitting in hallway). Yesterday I was so focused on keeping him from rolling over that I didn’t notice the fountain. When I looked up at Carter’s face he was blinking his eyes and his hair looked like I had just poured a cup of water on him. I scooped him up and rushed down the hall for a quick bath and that is when I remembered that our only bathtub was still in the drying process from a new caulk job the night before. Also, as Adam was caulking he gave the tub and grout a really good scrub down of Tilex. Before I put Carter in the tub I rinsed the tub really well while he scooted around the floor. At one point Carter pulled up on the tub to see what I was doing. I looked down at him, smiled, and then realized that he was standing in a puddle of the remnants of another Carter fountain. He looked so proud. This was the first test of Adam’s caulking.

I cleaned up the new fountain mess and then it was bath time. Carter is just as adventurous in the tub as he is on the changing table. He crawls from front to back. He pulls up on the faucet. He tries to turn the water on. A mess he is for sure. And I learned for the first time in a while just how difficult it is to clean this little mess. Bath time is usually a Daddy job – which I have been taking for granted. I come in every once in awhile to play but Adam usually takes care of the scrubbing and hair washing. And I am VERY thankful that Daddy takes care of this job.

No comments:

Post a Comment