June 14, 2009

What have we done?

What a day. It is too late to give you all the details, but here are the highlights plus a few pictures.

First, it was the most dramatic paint reveal ever. (I admit, I have been watching too much HGTV and the Bachelorette.)


This color was so bright I had to paint with my shades on.
Seriously, it started bright and in my opinion ended even brighter. It is really hard to imagine the color on a tiny paint swatch in your entire room. We need to work on that. A tiny splash of Benjamin Moore's grape green is nice and matches our chairs perfectly. Let's just say that an entire room of grape green will definitely keep you awake.

Ok - enough chit chat. Here is the before:
And here is the after:

We still have work to do. For starters we need to upholster the remaining five chairs. Then I need to work on turning the shower curtains into full length window curtains. We also have some ideas for some neat artwork/photography over the buffet.
Not sure if we will keep this color (it looks more yellow in this picture - but it does have a green tint to it) but it will have to do for now.
Good night.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!!!! Color does match the upholstery but is a little overwhelming. But you guys did nice job. Paint stores are still open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! So contemporary!

    ReplyDelete