We have saved a few time consuming projects for her visit because we knew she would take care of Carter while we worked. As she likes to put it whenever we ask her to take care of Carter - "please don't throw me in the briar patch!"
One of the items on the list is painting - actually it could be three of the items on the list because there are three rooms I want to paint. But we are starting with just one room and will see how fast or slow we move. Before we get started, I was hoping to get your opinion.
For the living room we are planning to paint one wall a burnt orange and the other three walls a warm khaki. I don't want the room to get too dark with lots of burnt orange but like the idea of one wall popping with color. Here are a couple of pictures of the current living room...
I am standing in the playroom looking toward the foyer in the first picture. I think both of these walls will be painted the khaki color.
In this picture I am standing in the foyer looking toward the playroom (blue wall) and dining room (brown wall). This is the view you get when you walk in our house.
So the question is do we paint the fire place wall or the dining room wall? I like the dining room wall because it feels very symmetrical to me. The wall space on either side of the walk through is pretty even. On the other hand, the fireplace wall would add a lot of punch. We are planning on painting the blank canvas that is sitting on the mantle and it could really stand out against an orange wall. I am also going to slip cover the ottoman with a pretty bold orange and cream fabric. I go back and forth, but if I were to paint the room today I would go for the dining room wall. What do you think? Please let me know by leaving a comment. Pretty please!
Here is a picture of the colors we were deciding between for the dining room. We decided on the second from the left of the bottom swatch which matches the fabric on the dining room chairs. (or so we hope.)
Here is a picture of the colors we were deciding between for the dining room. We decided on the second from the left of the bottom swatch which matches the fabric on the dining room chairs. (or so we hope.)
Stay tuned for "after" pictures (hopefully on Monday). Until then - happy Friday and have a great weekend.
I vote in favor of painting the fireplace wall orange! If you want the orange part of the room to pop, it makes the most sense to include another focal point (the fireplace) with it. Just my 2 cents! As for the dining room swatches, I like both and if one already matches your chairs, I'd go for it! You never know, you may love it more once it's on the walls. Good luck! You all and your projects (and energy) are amazing!
ReplyDeleteI will have to defer to the experts---the ones doing the work. My .02 cent would only be worth half price.
ReplyDelete