June 8, 2009

Monday Again?

How did it get to be Monday again? I feel like it was Friday afternoon just a couple of hours ago. Sigh. We worked so hard this weekend that I forgot to stop and enjoy it. But the work was good. It makes me happy to make progress on our projects. Every weekend we get closer to the end goal, but never close enough! I am ready to be done. But we are getting there. Here is a quick update of our progress this weekend. I wasn't as good as taking pictures of what we worked on so you will have to settle on some new pictures of Carter (I know you must be terribly disappointed.) On Saturday Adam finished mulching. Here is a picture of Carter inspecting his work. I think he approved and I do too. It looks great.
We also painted our living room bookshelf and media center. We used a can of paint we found in our basement. I think it is the lighter color of the stripes in our foyer. I started off spray painting the furniture the same color we painted the dining room chairs but it was going to take too long and too many cans of spray paint so we used what we had. I wasn't thrilled with the finished result. The color just wasn't what I had in mind - but it was too much work to do it over again so the furniture is back in place and the living room is back in order. We are going to live with this color for 6 months or so then reevaluate if we want to repaint.
.
On Saturday night we decided to start upholstering the seats of our dining room chairs. Hancocks had a great sale on their foam and batting last week so I gathered our materials and we worked in our backyard under the alley street light until 10:00 or so. The finished product (of one chair) looks good and I think we have figured out a couple of things to do differently on the remaining 5 chairs to make it work even better.
Time for another picture...
On Sunday morning we planned to go to church - but Carter's morning nap changed our plans. Adam stayed home with sleeping Carter while I went to church. While I was gone Adam took down the sliding glass doors on our bathroom shower. Our guest bath only has a stand up shower so we always bathe Carter in our bathtub. But, the rail of the sliding doors is very uncomfortable to lean over and the doors get in the way of trying to reach to the back of the tub when Carter goes crawling around - which he loves to do. Plus, the handle to slide the doors back and forth broke a few weeks ago so it was definitely time for it to go.
Yesterday afternoon was spent cleaning up all of our in progress work and getting ready for another week. I snagged this ball for Carter at Target yesterday thinking it would be a good toy to help him practice balancing. He loved it. And we loved watching him play with it.
That is all I have for now. Even though the weekend is behind us it is a brand new week so I am going to do my best to make the most of it. Hope you have a great week too.

2 comments:

  1. What a fine looking young fella. Poppa misses his little buddy and can't wait to see him. Oh, did yall have work to do this weekend? Glad the projects are coming along. I would tell you to slow down but there is that "pot and kettle" thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new pictures of Carter are precious! And I love that outfit. Those colors look great on him.

    ReplyDelete