June 18, 2009

Last & Next Thursday

This time last Thursday we were sitting on the lawn of our local botanical garden enjoying an Indigo Girls concert. Our sweet neighbor from across the street came over to watch Carter while we enjoyed our first show in over a year. It was a great night for an outdoor concert and they did not disappoint.
Do you remember that amazing dinner Adam prepared for us for our five year anniversary? Not only was the food delicious and thoughtfully prepared, but he also took the time to pick out a cd that reminded us of the past years. Of the five cds we had seen four artists - guess who we lacked? You got it - the Indigo Girls. Now we are five for five.

My gift to Adam for our anniversary was a ticket stub diary/album. We have saved most of the concerts, sporting events, etc. stubs from the past several years and they carry a lot of memories for us. As I neared the end of the collection I realized there was quite a void from June 2008 until now. Hmmmm. I wonder why that could be. Although we have been up late many a nights "enjoying" our little man's vocal chords we have missed going to shows and really enjoyed last Thursday. In fact we both commented almost simultaneously that enjoying a show in our new hometown made it feel a little more like home. (sorry grandparents)

So, that was last Thursday. Guess what next Thursday is?
This big boy's first birthday. Isn't this picture adorable? I could just eat him up - actually I do multiple times every day. Even though we have missed a few shows over the past year this little guy is totally worth it.

5 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed the show. M likes them a lot. But you two are very lucky to have a sub stitute soloist who serenades you nightly. I would love to hear a tape of his vocal range. A late Fathers Day gift, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indigo Girls are coming to City Stages this weekend. I used to go see them in tiny clubs in Atlanta when they were still at Emory. Showing my age. Glad you had fun, and what a pretty setting. And what an adorable picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen the Indigo Girls 3 times in concert and they are wonderful. I bet the venue at the Botanical Gardens was awesome!! Little C-man is looking so adorable as you head into his 1st birthday. What a cutie! Enjoy your weekend... Missed you all at the pig roast last night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did Brandi Carlisle open for them? Probably not, but she did when I saw them a couple of years ago and I went right out and bought 2 of her cd's. So it was a double treat!

    ReplyDelete